Dental issues are very common nowadays and you are definitely not the only one suffering from this issue. Unfortunately, the number of people affected with this annoying and uncomfortable issue is rapidly increasing and that’s due to many reasons, including cracked teeth, loose fillings, infections, cavities, and more!
Luckily, there are many natural ways to treat this issue and get rid of the pain. These ways are not only effective but also healthy and can help cure other dental pr gum issues you might be struggling with!
Still, you should keep in mind that these methods are only temporary and can only help you relieve the pain for a certain period of time. Hence, you need to figure out the real source of the pain and to do so, don’t hesitate to call your dentist and schedule an appointment soon !
#1 – CLOVE OIL
In fact, it is considered as one of the best natural toothache pain relievers and that’s due to one of its main elements known as Eugenol. The latter is a natural anesthetic that is famous for reducing dental pain.
However, clove oil should be used very carefully as applying the oil directly to the affected area can lead to other annoying issues such as the irritation of the tongue and the sensitive gums.
How to use the clove oil :
– Grab a cotton pad, pour 2 drops of the clove oil, and then place it on the affected area. Surprisingly, you will notice that the pain is disappearing after some couple of minutes, say after 15 or 30 minutes.
– Another way you can relieve the dental pain is by chewing a whole clove after placing it in the affected area. You should feel better after half an hour or so!
#2 – SEA SALT
In fact, sea salt is considered as the best medicine for a toothache and that’s due to its natural antibacterial properties. This means that sea salt is capable of killing the bacteria that are causing the infection and eventually reducing the dental pain.
In addition to this, it’s also good to note that Celtic sea salt contains about 60 traces of minerals that can help in effectively healing wounds.
How to use the Celtic sea salt :
– Fill a tbsp with salt.
– Mix the salt with warm water.
– Gargle and swirl until the glass is finished.
#3 – PEPPERMINT TEA BAGS
No one would want to experience this but should you not worry as there is always a way out, especially when it comes to relieving dental pain. Peppermint tea bags can be a very effective temporary solution that could really save your life in cases of emergency like this one!
In fact, peppermint tea bags are one of the best toothache remedies that can treat severe toothache pain and calm sensitive/irritated gums. Moreover, peppermint tea is loaded with anti-inflammatory as well as natural anti-bacterial properties.
How to use peppermint tea :
– You can take advantage of a used tea bag and apply it to the affected area. However, let it cool down first before applying!
– You can grab a used tea bag, place it in the freezer, and leave it there for a few minutes. Once its cold, you can place it on the affected area in order to relieve the dental pain.
#4 – ONIONS
This means that they are the perfect and best home remedy to relieve pain, heal irritated gums, and prevent tooth decay. And guess what? Onions can also kill the bacteria that cause the teeth and gum infection and all the other germs in the oral cavities.
How to use Onions :
– Cut a large chunk of onion and chew on it. Keep chewing until the strong taste disappears
– Don’t hesitate to repeat the same process with another piece of onion.
#5 – COLD COMPRESS
However, no matter how severe is your toothache, never directly apply ice on the affected area. Instead, make sure you wrap the ice in a piece of cloth first.
How to use cold compress :
– Make sure you wrap some ice in a piece of cloth.
– Apply it on the outside of the mouth as you can see in the picture above and leave it there for about 20 minutes.
– Repeat this every few hours to prevent the pain.
#6 – WHEATGRASS
Wheatgrass is also effective when it comes to treating bacterial infections and reducing inflammation and this is due to its important element, chlorophyll.
How to use wheatgrass :
– Use it once or twice as a mouthwash.
#7 – THYME
What makes thyme a good choice is Listerine, which is one of its key ingredients that have the ability to fight bad breath and kill all the germs that may cause potential dental issues.
How to use Thyme :
– Grab a cotton pad and add some 4 drops of the oil and then add another 2 drops of water.
– Place on the affected area and leave it there for about 10 minutes.
#8 – GARLIC
That’s not everything as garlic can be also used in preventing tooth decay, relieving teeth pain, and killing the germs that might lead to the development of cavities.
How to use garlic :
– Grab a clove of garlic and start chewing on the side of the affected tooth.
– Repeat the same process until you no longer feel the pain.